Something New
AUTHOR: Ray DATE: 1/30/2005 09:36:00 AM ----- BODY: What a joyous morning for all of the civilized world. The Iraqi elections proceeded and went off with minimal violence. What a great day.

Mohammed at Iraq the Model has a great post about todays historic vote:

I walked forward to my station, cast my vote and then headed to the box, where I wanted to stand as long as I could, then I moved to mark my finger with ink, I dipped it deep as if I was poking the eyes of all the world's tyrants. I put the paper in the box and with it, there were tears that I couldn't hold; I was trembling with joy and I felt like I wanted to hug the box but the supervisor smiled at me and said "brother, would you please move ahead, the people are waiting for their turn"
--------
Comments: Post a Comment
(0) comments
Another view on the world and review of current events with commentary and insight.

Name:
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
Email Ray for Random Observations

We are witnessing blogging history. -- Says Glenn Reynolds

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Blogroll

Blogroll Me!

NewsFeeds

ARCHIVES
January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 /


Powered by Blogger


Technorati search
Blogarama - The Blog Directory Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com